Frequently Asked Questions
- What areas do you serve?
- What age can children start martial arts?
- Do you have contracts?
- I am an adult with no previous martial arts experience, is it too late to start?
- Why should I choose Villari's over another school?
- Can I come in and just observe a class?
- What kind of physical shape do I need to be in?
- Do you offer a FREE trial?
- My child isn't athletic. Can he/she still participate in martial arts?
- Are there testing fees?
- Does martial arts increase aggressiveness?
- What are your instructors like?
- Are your facilities clean and safe for children?
1. What areas do you serve?
We proudly serve parents in Chester Springs, Downingtown, Exton, Glenmore, Lionville, Phoenixville and the surrounding regions. We are also close to Kimberton, Eagle, Byers Station and Spring City. There is plenty of parking available at our facility as well!
We serve children from many local schools, West Vincenet Elementary, Pickering Valley Elementary, Lionville Elementary, Downingtown East, East Vincent Elementary School, Pikeland Elementary School, Shamona Creek Elementary, Exton Elementary, Charlestown Elementary, Uwchlan Hills Elementary, French Creek and more.
2. What age can children start martial arts?
At Villari's Martial Arts children can begin as young as 4 years old. We have "Leopard Cub" classes specifically designed for TOT children between the ages of 4 to 6 years old. Our classes are designed to be age-appropriate and are customized to meet the needs of the students.
3. Do you have contracts?
No! Absolutely not! All students can pay monthly for their lessons. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards as well as checks or cash. We also offer discounts for families with multiple family members.
Our students stay because they want to.
What is the purpose of a contract? Why do you have to guarantee the school owner that you will be there a year from now? If you do not like the school you should be free to leave. That is why, at Villari's Martial Arts, we offer NO CONTRACT enrollments. Classes are energetic, informative and filled with fun and excitement. Our students stay because they want to!
4. I am an adult with no previous martial arts experience, is it too late to start?
Most of our martial arts students begin as adults with little or no previous experience.
5. Why should I choose Villari's over another school?
Choosing a martial art school is a personal choice, but there are factors to consider. Through dedication to our students and our commitment to providing quality training, we feel that we can offer you the best service in the area. Our goal is to create satisfied customers out of each and every contact.
- Over 40 years of experience training tots, children, teens and adults in the Martial Arts.
- You will learn, train and work out at your own pace and level.
- Our instructors are experienced, friendly Black Belts.
- Convenient class days and times to fit your schedule.
- We foster defensive abilities, rather than aggressive techniques.
- You can choose either group or private lessons.
- Karate is surprisingly affordable. We offer a risk-free trial.
- You can cancel any time. No contracts ever required.
- Regional tournaments let you compete with peers and share your interests.
- You can choose to work towards an advanced Martial Arts rank...or just have fun.
6. Can I come in and just observe a class?
Yes, of course you (and your child) are invited to sit back and watch our classes in action . However, for safety and security reasons, we ask you to notify the instructor that you are present.
7. What kind of physical shape do I need to be in?
Any! That is the beauty of Villari's, we have students who are in great shape, and others who aren't. Everyone has a great experience, and learns a ton in every class. Those who start out in not-so-great shape often get in shape very quickly. So if this is you, have no fear! Just come and have fun.
8. Do you offer a FREE trial?
Yes, we offer a ONE FREE WEEK TRIAL - there is absolutely no risk and no obligation. Simply try any of our programs for an entire week, then decide. It's as simple as that!
9. My child isn't athletic. Can he/she still participate in martial arts?
Absolutely. Martial arts teaches kids to be coordinated, flexible and strong. Kids who don't naturally have these qualities develop them. Kids who do have these qualities grow them even more.
10. Are there testing fees?
Yes, the testing fee for under black belt is straight-forward and commensurate with students rank. This fee covers the costs of belts, certification, instructor's fee, and in some cases, travel. There is a one-time fee for each rank. Each additional family member is half price. Black belt fees vary and your instructor can provide you with the fee information prior to testing. Testing occurs a few times per year, depending on rank.
11. Does martial arts increase aggressiveness?
Absolutely not. Your child will be taught from the first lesson that a true Martial Artist never misuse their martial arts skills. Throughout their training, they will be reminded that being physically and mentally tough does not allow one to be tough with others. Instead, students are expected to be humble, courteous, respectful and careful about when and where they practice their skills. The instructors at Villari's will continually educate your child that martial arts are a form of exercise and self improvement, not a tool for bullying.
12. What are your instructors like?
One of the biggest pieces of feedback we get is about our instructors. Our students just can't get enough of their passion and enthusiasm. That's because martial arts isn't a "hobby" or something our instructors just "do on the weekends." It's something they believe in. Something that's embedded into every area of their lives.
Our instructors can't help but pass along this enthusiasm and passion on to every student they encounter. They're motivational, encouraging, supportive, knowledgeable and fun.
13. Are your facilities clean and safe for children?
We run a clean and safe environment.
Martial arts training requires equipment handling, falling and landing on carpets, and doing exercises and drills that require getting down on the floor. As such, we take great pride in keeping our carpeted floors impeccably clean, and our equipment safe, clean and up to date.
You'll have no worries working with our equipment. And the moment you walk through our doors, you'll notice that we take great care of our studio - because we want you to have a great experience here.